Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Today I Turn 21--What A Week!


Today is my 21st anniversary clean and sober. Who knew this would happen? I mean, I got sober and clean on the backside of a botched suicide by overdose. I tried to kill myself, because I didn't want to live. The thought of getting older horrified me, because it meant I would have to live and I didn't know how to do that.

I got sober, because I lived through the overdose. That event, plus many other near death experiences, I recounted while going in and out of consciousness that morning 21 years ago lead me to believe I was immortal. I remember thinking to myself (mind you, I took enough drugs to kill a person) that if I was going to live another 2 or 3 hundred more years, I have to get clean, because there is nothing worse than an old junky. And as the story goes the rest is history...

Whenever I feel old (like now) I console myself with the thought I'm old, because I have lived...However, we all know I have nothing to worry about, because I'm pretty sure I'm going to live at least another 2 or 3 hundred more years, anyway. I'm 47 years YOUNG!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for living! Let's meet for dinner in 2109. Wonder what restaurants will be like then...

    ReplyDelete

 
http://www.lowimpactliving.com/blog/2008/01/01/vintage-used-furniture-find-green-gold/