Friday, February 12, 2010

Last Night Was Great All You Foodies!


I was a little discouraged about having to make full course vegetarian dinners. I know it is a promise I had made to myself and not something I am being forced to do. However, it started to be a little bit of a drag. Mostly, because it is difficult to be inspired on a schedule. Plus, last week's dinner was a total fiasco!

But, I am here to tell you last night was Great!!!!

Menu

Caramelized Carrots with Baked Tofu, Purple Onions, & Toasted Pecans
Over White Basmati Rice

Corn Chowder

Tomatoes  Roasted with Garlic and Dried Oregano

The entire menu was completely VEGAN with NO dairy (even in the chowder) and NO sugar or honey!

I thought everything came out great except for the tomatoes, they were just good. I Think the next time I make the tomatoes I won't use a dried herb. I like the idea of simply using one herb with the garlic, but I think fresh dill would have been the magic ticket. Also, next time I will line the pan with tin foil, because I am still soaking the pan I used. 
I followed a recipe for the corn chowder I found online at http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Creamy-Vegan-Corn-Chowder/Detail.aspx. I believe, I will try that corn chowder again, but I will use less water. I created the tofu dish myself and it came out just how I had envisioned it in my mind.

PS--I did NOT forget to garnish the soup!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
http://www.lowimpactliving.com/blog/2008/01/01/vintage-used-furniture-find-green-gold/