Monday, February 8, 2010

When the Bough Breaks


I am supposed to be writing my article for Today's Vintage about decorating baby nurseries with vintage furniture.

I seem to be stuck...I am not really a baby person, what can I say about it. "Um, lead paint wasn't banned in the US until 1978 and that really cute metal crib painted white will probably kill your kid, either slowly by lead poisoning or quickly by strangulation when his head gets caught between the really cool looking wrought iron bars on all sides of the crib."

I did however, find lots of ways to totally deck out a kid's room without trying to kill it. My problem is I have too many different ideas and now my head is spinning and I have no clue which direction to go in.

1 comment:

  1. Hee hee! I so wanted to go vintage with a crib and decided against it because of fear of the paint. I guess you could totally strip the crib and repaint...But pregnant I had not the energy for all that....

    ReplyDelete

 
http://www.lowimpactliving.com/blog/2008/01/01/vintage-used-furniture-find-green-gold/