Thursday, June 3, 2010

I Made Vegan Heart Shaped Banana Muffins!


I came back at around 8pm last night, after abandoning my 100 degree kitchen with melted (fake) butter spilled on the floor, baking flour that had dusted every surface, a bowl of mashed bananas, and every jar and package of baking ingredients open squeezed on the tiny counter. I figured I'd give the great idea of baking vegan banana muffins another shot...and I'm glad I did.


I took this recipe from
http://www.catcancook.com/awesome-banana-muffin-recipe/

My modifications and notes are in red




Banana Muffins (makes 12 muffins) Mine yielded 8

3 or 4 Large bananas, mashed (the more bananas the moister, so I use 4) I used five

1/2 cup white sugar (original recipe calls for 1 cup, but I don’t like them too sweet) I used raw sugar

1 slightly beaten egg I used the product Egg Replacer

1/3 cup melted margarine or butter I used Earth Balance Original

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 cups flour

Mix the mashed banana, sugar, egg and margarine together. Set aside. In a separate bowl, mix together baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour. Mix wet and dry ingredients all together! Pour into greased muffin tins, and bake in 350 degrees F oven for approximately 20 minutes. Enjoy! 
Mine were in an extra 10 minutes.

They came out looking and tasting really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
http://www.lowimpactliving.com/blog/2008/01/01/vintage-used-furniture-find-green-gold/