Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Life Trumps Facebook

Well, I saw an old friend today. When I say old, I mean I have known him a long time. He's old, but I am older than him. Johhny was my boyfriend when I was 18 years old. We had some crazy times. However, I decided not to be friends with him about 15 years ago for reasons that may not even be true.

A couple of months ago I received a Facebook Friend request from him. I realized that I was still very angry and I told him I had no intentions of being his friend, even in cyberspace, because of what he had done to me. He thought I was talking about the things he did when we were teenagers and in his words, told that me hanging onto grudges for 30 years isn't good. However, I was talking about something that had happened 15 years ago. That is when I realized 15 years is also a long time.

Today, I saw him for the first time since the last incident and we talked about what had happened and I told him that 15 years is a long time to hang onto a grudge and I was through with it. We talked for about 15 minutes. Afterward we both felt great and close. As we finished hugging, Johnny exclaimed "See, life actually trumps Facebook!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
http://www.lowimpactliving.com/blog/2008/01/01/vintage-used-furniture-find-green-gold/