Saturday, July 25, 2009

Not Bi-Focals, Tri-Focals!

Yesterday, after breakfast with my awesome new friend Patter, I checked out five eye glass stores listed in my insurance network. I hated everything. The last store I walked into was awesome. It had a variety of frames I really liked. It took an hour and a half for me to decide on a pair of frames, because there were so many to choose from. I went with a pair of Oliver Peoples, which were a hundred dollars more than the ones I sort of liked at the first place I went into on Thursday. Yeah, I started shopping for frames on Thursday.

My insurance doesn't even cover half of the cost of my glasses. They are going to cost me $500.00, with my insurance coverage. The total came to $909.00. I just don't remember having to pay that much for glasses in the past. The salesperson informed me that in the past I only needed single vision lenses and this prescription is for tri-focals.

Tri-focals, are you kidding me? I totally freaked out. To calm me down they assured me the reason mine are so expensive is, because my lenses won't have the delineation lines. Well, that helped...I feel so much better, now. What a bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
http://www.lowimpactliving.com/blog/2008/01/01/vintage-used-furniture-find-green-gold/