Monday, October 19, 2009

Hot Flashes And Dating


My friends wonder why I am not dating or even really trying. Last week, while I was snapping pictures at an art opening a handsome, well dressed, and well mannered guy (I actually thought was attractive) started talking to me. I was really flattered, but found it very difficult to have much of a conversation. Right when I realized he was flirting with me I had a severe hot flash, but I couldn't take my coat off, because I had a crappy top on underneath. So, I kept looking away, secretly wiping my face. At some point he tried to get closer to me, but then I had a hard time focusing on his face, because I couldn't figure out which part of my lenses to look through. My new glasses are trifocals, not bifocals, trifocals. So, I started squinting and then remembered I had some cheese at the last opening and took the breath test (right in front of him) and then made a face, like it was bad. I wasn't sure what was worse, having bad breath or him knowing that I had just realized I had bad breath.

When I gave him my number (I know that's hard to believe) he told me he was leaving town and won't be back until Christmas and he will call me then. We'll see, I'm not holding my breath. Actually on second thought maybe I should spare a few innocent souls and hold it after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
http://www.lowimpactliving.com/blog/2008/01/01/vintage-used-furniture-find-green-gold/