Saturday, October 31, 2009

Foot Surgery Prep

I am having surgery on my foot Tuesday and I am starting to get nervous. The last time I had surgery (that laid me up for a few weeks) it was an emergency. Consequently, I didn't really have enough food and my house wasn't very clean. This time I got the heads up about a week ago and I want to be prepared.

Here's my list:

1) New pajama bottoms (preferably ones without little holes in the crotch) with legs wide enough to fit over the ugly shoe/boot I will have to wear for quite a few weeks
2) New T-shirts (without holes and/or stains) to sleep in
3) A new robe light and airy that fits (actually made for a woman) that doesn't make me look like a slob
4) A cute night gown that isn't too short or see through or too long, because I don't want to trip on it with my crutches or have it too twisted around me while I'm sleeping
5) Lots of comfort food that is real easy to make
6) Clean the house from top to bottom, because I probably won't clean for awhile and my Mom's coming for four days and I don't want hear about it
7) A chair to put in the bath tub to sit on while taking a shower with my foot sticking out, so it won't get wet
8) A removable shower head, so I can actually take a shower sitting down
9) Leg wax and pedicure, because everyone will be looking at my legs and toes

I've already been to Home Depot twice and I'm going back today. The first shower head had no power. The second one I bought works OK, but it doesn't fit together properly. It looks and feels like it's going to just fall apart. I bought the shower chair at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, because the ones at Home Depot were too ugly. I mentioned that to the guy helping me and he told me that if I didn't like the way the chair looked, I should decorate it. I told him he was crazy and he suggested stickers. However, I also have to return the chair, because it is defective. I just wish I would have noticed it before I put it together.

I love the pajamas and robe I bought. Everything was so reasonably priced I bought two set of PJ's for my Mom. I still have to clean my house and get the pedi and leg wax, but I feel like I'm on schedule.

Wish me luck! And if you're not doing anything for the next couple of weeks, you can come over and watch movies with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
http://www.lowimpactliving.com/blog/2008/01/01/vintage-used-furniture-find-green-gold/