Friday, January 29, 2010

Homemade Vegetarian Dinner On Tuesday And Thursday!



I made a promise to make full vegetarian meals for Thomas and I every Tuesday and Thursday. This week was the third week of this experiment. However, Thomas had undergone oral surgery on Tuesday and was relegated to soft warm foods.

He was in a lot of pain and was basically starving by the time dinner came around. I really didn't want to take any chances, so I decided to repeat a winner from a few weeks ago, the vegetarian Shepard's Pie. Instead of carving out EAT Me on the top I just made a heart. For dessert, we had tangerine juice bars that doubled as an ice pack for his mouth. On Thursday, I made my old standard, lentil soup thick with red and green lentils, red onion,  purple, red, and baby potatoes, garlic and baby carrots. It is always a hit on cold winter days when you might be a little down and in this case unable to chew food. We topped it off with chocolate soy pudding I bought in snack packs at Rainbow.

I regret I didn't take any pictures, but it just didn't seem like the thing to do. By the way, let me know if you would like any of the recipes I have mentioned.

2 comments:

  1. You left your poor readers wondering what you ended up doing with the radishes a while back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put them in the coleslaw I had made with the Kohlrabi soup. It turned out that I didn't actually get as many radishes as I thought.

    ReplyDelete

 
http://www.lowimpactliving.com/blog/2008/01/01/vintage-used-furniture-find-green-gold/